FRAM Tough Guard®
Strenuous driving conditions such as idling in heavy traffic, driving on dirty, dusty roads and towing heavy loads can put a lot of strain on an engine. When operating in these environments, a greater-than-normal amount of contaminants can be ingested. If these particles aren’t trapped by the air filter, they can cause damage to the engine. So, we designed and constructed the FRAM® Tough Guard® air filter with advanced features to capture and hold more dirt. The result? It keeps engines cleaner in extreme driving conditions. Don’t forget, our experts recommend installing a clean air filter every 12,000 miles.1
- Use proper protective gear.
- Loosen wing nut or other fasteners to remove filter cover.
- Remove old air filter.
- Clean filter cover and housing using a shop vacuum.
- Install new air filter. Be sure it is sealed around the perimeter.
- Replace cover and fasten.
1. Follow recommended change intervals as noted in your vehicle owner’s manual.
2. Available on flex-panel models only. May be application dependent.