Consider this a crash course in all things filters.
Then enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you did the job right.
- Use proper protective gear. Used motor oil should not come in contact with bare skin. Engine oil may be hot.
- Place a drain pan under the oil filter and unscrew oil filter.
- Clean mounting base making sure the "O" ring from the old filter is not stuck to the filter mount.
- Apply film of clean oil to filter gasket. Do not use grease.
- Screw new filter on until gasket reaches base contact. Then tighten according to instructions on filter using tightening guide markers.
- Check owner's manual for correct oil specification, viscosity and amount.
- Add oil to "full" on dipstick. Idle engine for five minutes and check for leaks.
- Shut off engine and recheck oil level after 5 minutes and top off as necessary.
- Use proper protective gear.
- Loosen wing nut or other fasteners to remove filter cover.
- Remove old air filter.
- Clean filter cover and housing using a shop vacuum.
- Install new air filter. Be sure it is sealed around the perimeter.
- Replace cover and fasten.
FRESHBREEZE CABIN AIR FILTERS
Find vehicle-specific FRAM Fresh Breeze model numbers, how-to installation videos and step-by-step instructions here.