FRAM Ultra Synthetic®
Have a new engine or trying to provide maximum protection for an older one? Ultra Synthetic provides top performance. Engineered to be paired with synthetic oil, it offers proven protection up to 20,000 miles.
Drivers looking for top performance from newer engines and maximum protection for older vehicles will find the Ultra Synthetic filter to be the ideal filter at the perfect price. Engineered for all motor oil types, the Ultra Synthetic oil filter has the ultimate dual-layer synthetic media which provides up to 20,000 miles of engine protection.1
FRAM Ultra Synthetic helps get top performance from newer engines and maximum protection for older ones. The best filter choice at the perfect price for consumers looking to get the most from their investment in full synthetic oil.
- Use proper protective gear. Used motor oil should not come in contact with bare skin. Engine oil may be hot.
- Place a drain pan under the oil filter and unscrew oil filter.
- Clean mounting base, making sure the O-ring from the old filter is not stuck to the filter mount.
- Apply film of clean oil to filter gasket. Do not use grease.
- Screw new filter on until gasket reaches base contact. Then tighten according to instructions on filter using tightening guide markers.
- Check owner’s manual for correct oil specification, viscosity and amount.
- Add oil to “full” on dipstick. Idle engine for 5 minutes and check for leaks.
- Shut off engine and recheck oil level after 5 minutes and top off as necessary.
1Provides up to 20,000 miles/32,000 km of protection when used with an appropriate synthetic oil. Follow recommended change intervals as outlined in your owner’s manual.
*FRAM Group testing of average filter efficiency of PH8A, 3387A and 4967 or equivalent FRAM TG or EG models under ISO 4548-12 for particles greater than 20 microns.
**FRAM Group mulitpass testing of representative sampling of average filter capacity of comparable competitive retail products based on ISO4548-12 for XG8A and XG3387A.
***Greater than 3X the functional life of Nitrile ADB when tested per SAE HS806 hot oil and Anti-drain-back test.
+ FRAM Group testing per USCAR-36 Low Temperature Leakage test after hot oil, when compared to standard nitrile gasket.
ꝉNot all features are available on every part number in the product line. Check the package for specific features of individual filters.