FRAM Tough Guard®
Tough Guard is the ideal filter for drivers who have high mileage vehicles or push their vehicles in stop-and-go traffic, towing and extreme weather conditions. Our re-engineered Synthetic-Blend filter media that provides premium engine protection for your vehicle.
- Engineered with a new stronger, more durable media to provide an outstanding 99% dirt trapping efficiency.*
- Tough Guard adds microscopic synthetic fibers, creating small windows that trap the microscopic dirt particles without affecting the flow of oil.
- Blending synthetic fibers with cellulose increases a filter’s dirt-trapping efficiency and its dirt-holding capacity for higher levels of engine protection and longer filter life.
- Tough Guard is the perfect filter for drivers who push their vehicles in stop-and-go traffic, towing and extreme weather conditions.
- It has an internally lubricated sealing gasket for easier filter removal.
- Start-up engine protection is delivered through silicone anti-drainback valve with up to 3X the hot oil resistance.**
- It has precision coil spring with a glass fiber reinforced nylon poppet relief valve.
- SureGrip® no-slip finish provides a nonslip surface for easier installation and removal.
- Use proper protective gear. Used motor oil should not come in contact with bare skin. Engine oil may be hot.
- Place a drain pan under the oil filter and unscrew oil filter.
- Clean mounting base, making sure the O-ring from the old filter is not stuck to the filter mount.
- Apply film of clean oil to filter gasket. Do not use grease.
- Screw new filter on until gasket reaches base contact. Then tighten according to instructions on filter using tightening guide markers.
- Check owner’s manual for correct oil specification, viscosity and amount.
- Add oil to “full” on dipstick. Idle engine for 5 minutes and check for leaks.
- Shut off engine and recheck oil level after 5 minutes and top off as necessary.
*FRAM Group testing of average filter efficiency of PH8A, 3387A, & 4967 or equivalent FRAM TG or XG models under ISO4548-12 for particles greater than 20 microns.
**Compared to nitrile
ꝉNot all features are available on every part number in the product line. Check the package for specific features of individual filters.